FVWC Restoration Field Technician
We are hiring a restoration field technician to join our team. This entry-level position is a great opportunity to gain experience in the conservation field. The technician will work under the supervision of Fraser Valley Watersheds Coalition (FVWC) and alongside community volunteers. The technician will receive on the job training to complete key tasks that include:
- Controlling invasive species
- Planting native trees and shrubs.
- Monitoring for fish and water quality throughout Fraser Valley waterways.
- Participating at community events to promote FVWC projects, environmental sustainability & healthy watersheds.
- Physically fit and comfortable working outside in all weather conditions.
- Experience with gas powered tools.
- Access to a reliable vehicle. The work will take place throughout the Fraser Valley (Hope, Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Mission and Langley) The technician will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the daily meeting locations in each community.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekend.
- Can-do attitude.
- Interest in local conservation issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Additional / Asset qualifications
- Field work experience and landscaping experience
- Minor carpentry or construction skills
- Knowledge and identification of native flora and fauna.
- An understanding of local watershed challenges in the eastern Fraser Valley.
- Employment Type: Full-time (~35-40 hours/week), term-employee
- Employment Term: August 2019 – March 2020.
- Rate of Pay: $16.00 per hour plus 4% in lieu of vacation.
How to Apply
- Please email a resume and cover letter clearly outlining how you meet the above requirements directly to email@example.com (please ensure you put “FVWC Restoration Field Technician Application” in the subject line). We will not accept hard-copy resumes.
- Closing Date: Applications will be accepted from Monday July 8, 2019 to Wednesday July 17, 2019 4:30 pm PST.
- Applicants who meet the criteria for an interview will be contacted by July 25, 2019 and interviews will take place July 30 & July 31, 2019.
Thank you for your interest and time applying for this position.
Only applicants short-listed for the interview process will be contacted.